Tuesday, May 20, 2014



May 5  Pre-departure to Japan

I expect a lot from the trip to Japan since it is the second time for me to visit this beautiful country. Last time I came to this country was chosen as an ambassador to study handicraft in the middle school. I love it, so when I found this Study Abroad program, I wanted to explore more insights. I especially wanted to visit the Disneyland because I major in hospitality business. I believed it would be a great experience to talk to the marketing director of this company, and learned about how it became so successful globally. I am also curious about the business culture in Japan. How they operate, how they distinguish themselves from the world (western culture), what are their strength and weakness?
I think this trip will be the answer to all my queries. 

May 7  Nagoya Castle Tour 

The Castle locates at the beautiful ..... When we walked into the castle, first thing that surprised me is the samurai show. The background of the samurai is attracting that I have learned that Mr. Leyasu Tokugawa is one of three greatest samurais who built the basis of Japan today. Then they brought us  a tour around the whole castle. What came into my sight first is the beautiful east castle garden. I was most surprising with Japanese landscape design that show people a peaceful view. Then we looked at the significant stone wall built by Fukushima general. Each stone had a special carved seal on them that makes it distinguishable. Another thing that surprise me is the golden dolphins-Kinshachi which is the symbol of feudal lord's authority. The castle is very traditional and beautiful. I was surprised to know the traditional culture of Nagoya castle and this city. Also, it reflected what I had learned in class that Japan is a high power context country since ancient time and this culture is still exist today.


Nagoya Castle
                                                                  
   (LIKE them on Facebook)

May 8 Fujitec Company Visit 

After Orientation in JCMU, we went for our first corporate visit-Fujitec Company. We are led by a beautiful lady to tour us of the whole factory. The experience is extremely valuable since we can have the opportunity to see how Fujitec organized different parts of the machinery processing area. I found the company is labor intensive that two to three people in charge of one area with thousands of ares in the factory. People are all dress in the same way and working very hard. I felt it touching to see these people are working very hard to produce customize products for their customers.



                                                            Welcome to the Fujitec Inc.

One of the amazing experience is to take the Fujitec skyview elevator went to the top of the building to see the beautiful view around. Comparing the other companies we visit  (coming later), Fujitec is really doing a good job in expanding their business to the world. Like Singapore, HongKong, Shanghai in Asian area and U.S, Canada in North America. They distinguish themselves by customize the most convenient design for their customers. I was appreciated that we all had the opportunity to see all kinds of elevators Fujitec. One elevator that is impressed most is the one that with a sensor on that will automatically open if people come close. This is trying to prevent from hurting people.

                             
                                                            View at the Top

May 9 Nara Tour

Today, we went to Nara Temple led by three local women. I have heard that Japan is an aging country that with approximately 40% old people. The first thing I thought that impressed me most was these three old women which still they were very energetic to work. During the trip I came to Japan seven years ago, I found that most people who drove the taxi were old men. I have learned from lecture that elders in Japan like to work. 

Mention about the Nara Temple. It is one the best temple I have been. Outside the temple, the atmosphere is very peaceful and relaxing. There are many deer and children around us. They are extremely friendly and talk-able. 
                                                                                                 



Children really love Nathan (one of the smartest guy in our team) This is the picture they ask are asking Nathan to give signature :D

Nara Temple
                  


No comments:

Post a Comment